Sunday, October 4, 2015

Banana Flour Crepes stuffed with Sunbutter & Banana Slices topped with Chocolate-Hazelnut Butter

Whew, that is a long title! But I wanted to describe the ingredients that really make the recipe in the post title! I mean, how yummy does that sound?! Sunbutter, banana and chocolate hazelnut butter are so perfect all together. Especially when it's all wrapped together in a fluffy crepe! Did I mention the crepe is grain free, gluten free and dairy free? Yes please! All thanks to banana flour!

As you only probably have noticed, I absolutely love using banana flour in my recipes! I talked all about why I love banana flour in my pumpkin spice pancake post. In a nutshell, it is the perfect gluten free all-purpose flour replacement! It doesn't dry out baked goods like some other gluten-free flours do. I use banana flour in various different ways; from savory fried fish to sweet treats like this crepe recipe! You will definitely see more of my recipes using banana flour posted here in the near future! 


Banana Flour Crepes stuffed with Sunbutter & Banana Slices topped with Chocolate-Hazelnut Butter

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup banana flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon xatham gum 
  • 1 cup honey almond milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tablespoon honey
  • 4 tablespoons sunbutter
  • 4 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut butter
  • 2 medium bananas, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to grease pan
Add banana flour, baking powder, xatham gum, almond milk, eggs and honey to a blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add crepe batter and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Once all crepes are made, spread sunbutter in the crepes, about 1/2 tablespoon each, then stuff with sliced bananas and wrap up! After all crepes are wrapped,  drizzle the chocolate hazelnut butter on top!

Enjoy this yummy recipe!!!

-Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment