I want to make this for breakfast everyday. This smoothie bowl is so perfect, and so beautiful looking too! It contains some of my favorite foods; chocolate, coffee, bananas, and more! Not only is this breakfast so delicious, it is super healthy for you as well! I used banana flour to not only thicken the smoothie, but add a boost of health benefits. Banana flour contains resistant starch, which is a type of fiber that helps increase your metabolism, which helps burn fat, and reduces glucose levels.
A smoothie bowl is basically a smoothie poured into a bowl and eaten with a spoon. But, the smoothie is slightly thicker and topped with delicious toppings, such as the toppings I used, which were sliced bananas, dark chocolate chips, and a gluten/grain free granola.
Onto the recipe!
Mocha-Banana Resistant Starch Smoothie Bowl (yields 2 bowls)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2 ripe bananas (plus more for topping)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon WEDO banana flour
- 1/2 cup gluten/grain free granola
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips