Happy Monday! Here’s to another amazing week!
My inspiration for coming up with this recipe was my brother Harrison’s birthday! He absolutely loves Chinese food, so I decided to make a takeout themed menu! This orange chicken is so delicious! It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. I made this dish along with a noodle dish, which I shared a sneak peek of on my Instagram yesterday! You will find that recipe on here very soon!
Let’s get to cooking!
Gluten-Free Orange Chicken (serves 8)
For the chicken;
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado oil, to fry chicken
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced (use green and white parts)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- sliced scallions, to garnish
- sliced cara cara oranges, to garnish
Time to fry the chicken! Season flour with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Coat a large pan with avocado oil. Coat cubed chicken in orange juice. Let excess juice drip off, then coat in rice flour. Fry chicken on each side for about 5-6 minutes. Add sauce to pan, stir, and let come to a slow boil. Serve chicken by itself, with rice, noodles, or whatever you desire! Garnish with scallions and oranges. Enjoy!