I absolutely LOVE french onion soup!! It is full of so many delicious flavors, and super cheesy!! If you are a cheese lover like me, then you will love this soup! You only need a few ingredients and a little bit of time to make this classic soup!!
Let's get to cooking!!
French Onion Soup (serves 4)
- 3 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tablespoon WEDO banana flour
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock (beef stock works too)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 slices of gluten-free bread (or any bread of choose)
- chopped chives, for garnish
Pour about 1/3 cup of soup into 4 oven safe soup crocks. Top with 1 slice of bread, then top with more soup, almost filling to the top, then top with 1 more piece of bread, and then a handful of gruyere cheese. Repeat until all 4 crocks are filled. Bake for about 14 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden. Serve and enjoy!!