I can't believe we are almost through the whole month of August! This year has flown by so quickly. I am so excited and ready to further pursue my culinary dreams this September at Johnson and Wales University. I have all of my chef whites and houndstooth pants pressed and ready to go! I can't wait to gain new culinary experiences, and have an amazing school year!
This salad is so delicious! It's so tasty and full of flavors, as well as low-carb and really good-for-you. The grilled chicken is seasoned with an aromatic Jamaican jerk spice blend, which includes cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper, and a little bit of nutmeg. This crisp and light salad will be the perfect addition to your summertime menu!
Onto the recipe!
Jamaican-Jerk Grilled Chicken Salad with a Lime Vinaigrette (serves 2)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (I used kale, and spring mix)
- 2 chicken breasts each seasoned with Jamaican jerk seasoning blend (1/2 tbsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp. paprika, and a couple pinches of black pepper, salt, and nutmeg.)
- Avocado oil, to brush on chicken breasts
- 1 nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, medium diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
First, we are going to make the simple lime vinaigrette. Whisk together the lime juice and raw honey in a small bowl. Slowly stream and whisk in the avocado oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Wrap and place in fridge until ready to use.
Time to assemble! Top greens with a row of sliced avocado, then nectarines, then chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, and drizzle on the lime vinaigrette. Garnish with lime wedge. Enjoy!