Monday, July 11, 2016

Crabcake Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce

Happy Monday!! 
I absolutely love eggs benedict! If I go out to eat for breakfast or brunch, and I see eggs benedict on the menu, I definitely would choose it as my meal! The jumbo crabcake topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce is pretty much perfection! I want to eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No joke, it's that amazing! 
Let's get to cooking!

Crabcake Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce 

  • Make a batch of my Jumbo Crabcakes 
  • 4 large eggs 
  • 6 egg yolks 
  • 5 tablespoons grass-fed butter 
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon paprika 
  • 1/2 tablespoon mustard
  • chopped chives, for garnish
First, make my jumbo crabcakes, then keep in a hot oven to keep warm until ready to serve.

Now we are going to make the hollandaise sauce! Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium to medium-low heat. Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl with mustard, and lemon juice. Temper in a little bit of butter into egg yolk mixture, then pour all egg yolks into saucepan with butter. Whisk for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat, or until slightly thickened.

Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once it reaches a slow boil, add in all 4 eggs, then turn off heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for about 4 minutes.

As soon as the poached eggs are done, it is time to start plating! Put crabcakes on a plate, then top with poached egg, then the hollandaise sauce & fresh chives! Enjoy this delicious breakfast, dinner, or lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment