Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Healthy Sweet Potato Fries

These sweet potato fries are seriously AMAZING! Whenever I go out to eat, and say order a burger, chances are I will order a side of sweet potato fries. So today, I saw that I had a couple of sweet potatoes and ground turkey, so I figured I'll make burgers and fries!! I fried them in avocado oil, which is a great healthy oil for frying; it has a smoke point of 500 degrees! 

Prior to putting the sweet potatoes in the fryer, I coated them in a thin batter, consisting of arrowroot powder and banana flour! The coating helps make the fries crispier and delicious! 
First you slice the sweet potatoes in half
Then cut into fry strips!
Time to eat!
Let's get to cooking!

Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
  • 3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into fry strips
  • 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
  • 1 tablespoon wedo banana flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • deep fryer filled with avocado oil, set to 375 degrees
Set deep fryer temperature to 375 degrees. Slice sweet potatoes. Whisk together arrowroot powder, banana flour, and water in a large bowl. Toss sweet potato fries in batter, then place in the deep fryer for about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined baking pan. Repeat process until all fries are cooked. Season with paprika, chili powder, and salt. Devour! Enjoy!!

-Juliet 

No comments:

Post a Comment