Happy Tuesday and Happy First Day of November! I can't believe we are already into November- September and October flew by so quickly!
This recipe is super simple to make, and super healthy for you as well! The sesame-ginger marinade for the duck is complete perfection. It contains coconut aminos (a soy-free alternative to soy sauce,) fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, raw honey, and sesame seeds.
Let's get to cooking!
Sesame-Ginger Marinated Duck Breasts with Roasted Carrots & Broccoli
- 4 duck breasts (skinless)
- seasoning blend (1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds)
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado oil, to grease pan
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Toss broccoli and carrots in avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender and broccoli is slightly crispy.
Time to cook the duck breasts! Heat about 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add duck breasts and sear on each side for about 4-6 minutes, or until the duck reaches a medium or medium-rare doneness. Serve duck with extra sauce, and roasted vegetables. Enjoy!