I can't believe Thanksgiving is only two weeks away! I am so excited to eat all of the yummy food! The food being served at the Thanksgiving table can be not only delicious, but healthy for you as well! This sweet potato stuffing is just as good as traditional bread stuffing, if not better! You get all of the scrumptious flavors, minus the gluten.
Onto the recipe!
Grain-Free Potato Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 2 purple potatoes, medium diced
- 2 russet potatoes, medium diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium diced
- 5 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 5 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup no sugar added dried cranberries (re-hydrate in a bowl with about 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tablespoon turkey seasoning
- olive oil, to coat potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme
Heat butter in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once melted and hot, add in onions, mushrooms, and celery. Season with a little bit of salt, pepper, and turkey seasoning. Once onions are translucent and the celery and mushrooms are cooked, add in pork sausage and continue cooking until pork is completely cooked. Add in cranberries and season with turkey seasoning. Now add in roasted potatoes and continue frying to make the potatoes crispier. Serve with fresh thyme and devour! Enjoy!