Happy Wednesday! I hope you all have been having an amazing week!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I am so excited to start cooking so much food! This eggnog pumpkin pie is SO scrumptious- the eggnog adds a fun twist on traditional pumpkin pie! Another plus to this pumpkin pie is that it is free of dairy and gluten!
Usually in a pumpkin pie, you use sweetened condensed milk. I created my own dairy-free condensed milk by mixing dairy-free eggnog and organic sugar together in a saucepan, and letting the mixture come to a slow boil and reduce. The end result is a delicious eggnog condensed milk, that is free of dairy!
Onto the recipe!
Dairy-Free Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
For the graham cracker crust;
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup WEDO banana flour
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dairy-free eggnog (I used So Delicious brand)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (coconut sugar would work as well)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dairy-free eggnog condensed milk (read instructions above)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together pumpkin puree, and eggnog condensed milk in a stand mixer until well combined. Add in condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Mix again until filling is thoroughly combined and creamy.
Pour pumpkin pie filling into crust, and bake for about 50 minutes, or until center is set and crust is golden. Let cool on kitchen counter, then place in fridge for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!