Monday, November 30, 2015

Mango-Chicken Curry with Cilantro Brown Rice

I absolutely love curry! It's one of my favorite Thai dishes. It's super simple to make and taste amazing! If I go out to eat at a Thai restaurant, chances are I'm ordering a curry dish! I love the creamy coconut milk and spicy curry flavor. SO good!! 


I had very ripe mangoes that I needed to use, so I thought, why not make a mango curry? The mangoes go so well with the spicy curry paste! It has the perfect amount of sweetness and spiciness. I would eat this everyday if I could!! I could never get sick of curry, it taste so delicious! 

Let's get to cooking!

Mango-Chicken Curry with Cilantro Brown Rice (serves 6)

  • 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
  • 2 cups bell peppers, chopped
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 3 very ripe mangoes, pureed
  • 14 ounces full-fat coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon red curry paste
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 cups instant brown rice 
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in pot. Add brown rice, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 6 minutes. Then uncover and cook for about 3 more minutes, or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and stir in 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil. Set aside.

While the rice is cooking, we are going to start cooking the chicken! Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium high heat. Once melted and hot, add in cubed chicken breasts. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. When chicken breasts are almost fully cooked, add in chopped bell peppers, and spinach and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and curry powder. Add in coconut milk, mango puree, curry paste, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened and boiling.

Time to plate! Add mango-chicken curry to bowl, then top with rice, and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!!

-Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment