Happy Thursday!! You should definitely make this cake today; it is AMAZING!
This cake is one of the BEST cakes I have ever made!! It is super chocolaty, light, airy, and not dry at all! The chocolate and coffee combination is complete perfection. The flowers on top of the cake are edible flowers that I get at a local farmers market!
Onto the recipe!!
Cake Ingredients (makes 2 8-inch round cakes)
- 1/2 cup WEDO banana flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) grass fed butter, softened
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour batter into pans and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Time to make the delicious frosting!
Whip butter and cream cheese together until fluffy in a stand mixer. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Now pour in melted chocolate, coffee paste, and milk. Mix until smooth.
Once the cakes have cooled, you can start frosting! Enjoy this delicious cake!!