Happy Tuesday! I am so excited to share this recipe with you all!
I can't speak highly enough about this amazing dish!! It is so simple to make, yet so delicious and flavorful! Not to mention it is super healthy for you as well; it is loaded with protein, healthy fats, and whole grains! This dish will surely make multiple reappearances at your dinner table!
Let's get to cooking!
Healthy Shrimp Burrito Bowls (serves 4)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb shrimp (cleaned and tails removed)
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of 2 limes
- avocado oil, to grease pan
- homemade taco seasoning blend (2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, salt to taste)
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- quartered limes, to garnish
Add brown rice, water, and sea salt to a pot over high heat. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes.
Whisk together sour cream, lime juice, and a pinch of sea salt in a small bowl until it turns into a sauce. Set aside.
Lightly coat a large pan with avocado oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in shrimp and season with seasoning blend. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until opaque.
Once the rice and shrimp have finished cooking, it's time to assemble the bowls! First, scoop about 1/2 cup of brown rice into a boil. Top with 1/4 cup black beans, 2 slices of avocado, handful of cherry tomatoes, shrimp, and drizzle on the lime creme sauce. Garnish with cilantro and fresh lime wedge. Serve and enjoy!