I am so excited to share this recipe with you all! When I first tried Singapore street noodles, I absolutely fell in love with all of the flavors featured in the dish. The key flavor that is so perfect in this noodle dish is curry powder! The rice vermicelli noodles not only take on the flavor of the curry powder, but the gorgeous color as well!
Not only is this dish absolutely delicious, it has many health benefits as well!! Curry powder contains turmeric, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, as well as ginger, which promotes a healthy immune system. So many reasons to cook this delicious & healthy meal!
Let's get to cooking!
Gluten-Free Singapore Street Noodles (serves 4-6)
- 20 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced (both white and green parts)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 yellow onion, medium diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and small diced
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, small diced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon ginger jam
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado or coconut oil, to grease pan
First, we are going to make the sauce! Whisk together coconut aminos, sliced scallions, ginger jam, sesame oil, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Coat a large pan or wok with avocado oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute until translucent. Add carrots and peppers to the pan and saute until tender. Now add in the red cabbage and cook until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the sauce and let come to a slow boil. Add cooked rice noodles to the pan and stir. Season with curry powder and mix thoroughly. Serve with sliced scallions to garnish, and enjoy!