These gluten-free chocolate peanut butter pinwheel cookies are SO tasty! Not only are these cookies gluten-free, they are dairy-free as well! These cookies are perfectly crispy, and have an amazing flavor! Who doesn't love the classic chocolate plus peanut butter combination?! Although these cookies take a little bit of patience and time, the end result is totally worth it!
Onto the recipe!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
- 1 cup spectrum shortening
- 1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used Better Batter brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons cacao powder, 2 tablespoons melted shortening, 2 tablespoons milk (mixed together)
Beat together shortening, cane sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer. Add in egg yolks, one at a time. Sift in flour blend, and baking powder. One well combined, remove half of the dough from the bowl into another bowl. Mix dough in stand mixer with cacao blend, and mix the rest of the dough with peanut butter.
Flour surface and rolling pin. First, roll out peanut butter cookie dough into a 1/4 inch rectangle. Now roll out chocolate cookie dough onto the peanut butter dough and line up the edges. Roll dough into a cylinder, then slice into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy these delicious treats!