Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is going great!!
These Italian potato pancakes are SO delicious! They are perfectly crispy, and are full of vibrant flavors, including pancetta, parsley, oregano, basil, parmesan, and more! These are perfect for breakfast, as a side dish, or an appetizer!
Let's get to cooking!
Crispy Italian Potato Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups shredded yellow potatoes (strained through cheesecloth to reduce moisture)
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- olive oil, to grease pan
Mix shredded potatoes with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, parsley, pancetta, peppers, parmesan, and shallots. Mix in egg, then flour. Shape into small discs.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in pancakes and fry for about 3-4 per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Flatten slightly using a spatula. Serve immediately, or move to a sheet pan and place in preheated oven until ready to serve. Enjoy!