Everything about s'mores just screams the fall season- plus, the combination of ooey gooey marshmallows, creamy dark chocolate, and crispy graham crackers is complete perfection! S'mores tend to be enjoyed by a crackling bonfire while camping, but can be enjoyed at home too! These hand pies taste like the real deal; the pie crust has the perfect crispiness and flakiness! The pie crust ingredients include WEDO banana flour, a G.F. all-purpose flour blend, and pure grass-fed butter!
Onto the recipe!
Gluten-Free S'mores Hand Pies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup WEDO banana flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk (coconut, almond, or dairy)
- 1 egg
- egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (coconut sugar works too)
- 1 cup corn-syrup free mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mini chips (plus 1/2 cup for glaze)
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
Blend flour blend, banana flour, graham crackers, sugar, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse in cubed butter until crumbs form. Pulse in the egg and 1/2 cup milk until dough forms into a ball.
Roll dough into a 1/4 inch rectangle. Cut out 14 equal sized squares. Fill one square with marshmallows and chocolate. Top with other dough square, and seal the edges using a fork. Brush on egg wash, place in oven, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.
While the pies are cooling, we are going to make the chocolate glaze! Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat with 1 tablespoon of light agave nectar. Once completely melted and slightly cooled, drizzle onto the hand pies, and sprinkle on a little bit of graham cracker crumbs. Serve and enjoy!