Gluten-free chicken and dumplings; let's take a moment to appreciate this. This classic, creamy, and flavorful dish is absolutely delicious and will make your day amazing! I highly recommend you making this for dinner tonight, it will not disappoint!
I can't believe how well the dumplings turned out! They are light, fluffy, and so yummy! Although this soup does take a little bit of time and attention, the end result is so worth it!
Let's get to cooking!
Gluten-Free Creamy Chicken & Dumplings Soup
- 1 lb cubed chicken breasts (lightly coated in gluten-free flour, salt, and pepper)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 22 ounces full-fat coconut milk
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons WEDO banana flour or any gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk (coconut or dairy)
- 5 tablespoons grass fed butter (cubed and cold)
Melt butter and olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in celery, carrots, and onions. Saute until translucent and vegetables are softened (about 10 minutes.) Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Whisk in flour to create a roux. Whisk in stock and bring to a complete boil. Now add in coconut milk, cooked chicken, season with more salt and pepper, and let come to a boil.
Time to make the dumplings! Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cane sugar, and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix in butter until crumbs form, then stir in milk. Make rounded tablespoons of the dough, and drop into boiling soup. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer for about five minutes. Time to serve this delicious dinner! Enjoy!