Friday, June 10, 2016

Citrus Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder

Happy Friday!
Since today is my birthday, I figured I'd share my favorite pulled pork recipe! Words aren't enough to describe this AMAZING pulled pork! Seriously! When I first tasted this, I was speechless. The meat is SO tender and flavorful! The citrus gives it such a refreshing flavor!! I want this for dinner every night! 
Before going into oven..
After being in the oven for 9 1/2 hours!!

Let's get to cooking!

Citrus Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder (serves roughly 10)
  • 7 pound pork shoulder
  • 1 tablespoon paprika 
  • 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
  • 1 orange, sliced
  • juice of 1 orange
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • salt and pepper, to taste 
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. 

Rub pork shoulder with salt, pepper, paprika, and cilantro. Place in a dutch oven. Squeeze lime and orange juice all over the meat, then top with slices of oranges, limes, and onion. Sprinkle on capers, then top with lid and place in oven for 9 1/2 hours. I would start cooking this roast by at least 7 am, so it is ready for dinner between 5 and 6!! 

Serve with a salad, fresh orange and lime quarter, and enjoy!!
-Juliet


No comments:

Post a Comment